Veggie Idli Fry
Veggie idli fry is a great way to add a flavourful twist to idlis or to utilize leftover idlis. This idli fry is a great hit with kids and adults alike!!!
- Idlis - 8
- Onions - 1 large (chopped lengthwise)
- Tomatoes - 2 large (finely chopped)
- Capsicum ( Shimla Mirch / Green Bell Peppers ) - 1 chopped (optional)
- Rai (Sarson / Mustard Seeds ) - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 12-15
- Oil / Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Salt - To taste
- Green chillis - 1 finely chopped
- Hot n Sweet Sauce - A few drops (optional)
1. Heat oil in a skillet / kadhai, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add the curry leaves and sauté till a nice aroma emanates the kitchen.
2. Add the chopped onions and sauté on medium heat for 3-4 mins. Add the chopped capsicum and sauté for another 2-3 mins.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and green chillis and sauté for 5 mins on medium heat.
4. Add the diced idlis, salt and a few drops of hot n sweet sauce and mix well. Sauté for another 2 mins. Add lemon juice and mix.
5. Turn off heat. Serve warm.
1. Do not use hot or warm idlis since they will crumble and become mushy while mixing with the vegetables.
2. You can choose to add any vegetables as per your choice.