Vegetable Focaccia Sandwich
These delectable vegetable sandwiches made using focaccia instead of the regular sandwich bread or garlic bread get tons of flavor from the bread itself.
- Focaccia Bread Loaf - 1
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Capsicum ( Shimla Mirch / Green Bell Peppers ) - 1 medium
- Onions ( Pyaaz / Kanda ) - 1 medium
- Mushrooms - 100 gms
- Tomatoes ( Tamatar ) - 1 medium
- Mustard Sauce - 1/2 tbsp or more as per taste
- Barbeque Sauce - 2 tsp
- Salt - As per taste
- Black Pepper Powder ( Kaali Mirch ) - 1/4 tsp
- Oregano / Italian Seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Cheddar Cheese - 25 gms
1. Slice the bread in 2 halves lengthwise.
2. Wash well the onions, peppers and mushrooms and tomatoes and slice them into thin long slices.
3. In a skillet / pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add the onion slices and saute till they are translucent.
5. Now add the sliced peppers till they start turning golden brown.
6. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook till the mushrooms are softened. Keep the flame medium or high at this time so that the vegetable mixture does not get too wet from the mushroom juices.
7. Finally add the slice tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add the barbeque sauce and mix well for a minute.Turn off the flame.
9. Spread the mustard sauce on one half of the bread.
10. Spread the vegetable mixture on this half. Grate the cheddar cheese on the top of the mixture.
11. Cover with the other half of the bread.
12. You now can choose to grill the bread or simply roast the sandwich slightly on a tawa. Focaccia tastes much better when slightly warm.
13. Divide into 4 pieces and serve with tomato ketchup.