- Macaroni - 1 cup
- Onions ( Pyaaz / Kanda ) - 1 medium (sliced)
- Tomatoes ( Tamatar ) - 1 medium (chopped)
- Capsicum ( Shimla Mirch / Green Bell Peppers ) - 1 small (chopped)
- Zucchini - 1/2 small (chopped) (optional)
- Oil - 2-3 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Black Pepper Powder ( Kaali Mirch ) - 1/4 tsp
- Oregano / Italian Seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Cheese Spread - 1-2 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 2-3 tsp
- Water - For boiling the macaroni
1. Boil 3-4 cups of water and add 1 tsp to it. Once the water starts boiling, add the macaroni to it and let it boil for 10-15 minutes till the macaroni is almost cooked.
2. Drain the water through a sieve and wash the macaroni with cold water once by pouring it over the macaroni in the sieve. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai. Add the sliced onions and saute till they turn translucent.
4. Now add the chopped capsicum and zucchini and saute till the onions become slightly golden in colour.
5. Finally, add the tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add all the spices and salt ((keeping in mind that we already added salt to the macaroni while boiling) and mix well.
7. Add the macaroni and mix with the vegetable mixture.
8. Now add the cheese spread and mix till the cheese melts and coats the macaroni uniformly.
9. Now add the tomoato ketchup. Mix well and remove from flame.
10. Serve hot.
This recipe can also be used to make stuffing for yummy macaroni and cheese sandwiches.