Tamatar Wali Lauki
1. Peel the lauki and cut it into roundels of height 5 mm divided into 4 quarters each.
2. Puree the tomatoes along with the green chili in a blender.
3. Heat the oil/ghee in a pressure cooker. Splutter the cumin seeds in it.
4. Add the tomato puree and saute for 4-5 mins till the water evaporates from it.
5. Add the turmeric and coriander powder and saute for a minute.
6. Now add the chopped lauki, water and salt.
7. Close the lid and cook for 5-6 whistles.
8. Once the pressure is released, transfer to a bowl and serve hot with rotis.
1. You can also choose to chop the tomatoes instead of pureeing them.
2. Adjust the water levels as per your preference for the thickness of the gravy.