Macaroni and Cheese Sandwich
Everyone in my family loves macaroni and we must have eaten it countless times. However, yesterday, when my husband wanted to eat macaroni in the evening, I got an idea to experiment by using macaroni as a filling for the sandwich and complementing it with extra cheese and some mustard sauce. The idea itself got us salivating and the result was extremely tasty as well. We ended up eating much more that we normally do!!! So here goes the recipe....
1. Prepare macaroni as per the veg macaroni recipe .
2. Lay down a slice of bread in a plate and cover it with a cheese slice.
3. Now add a layer of macaroni on top of the cheese slice.
4. Top with 1/2 tsp mustard sauce and cover with another slice of bread.
5. Now grill the sandwiches. Spread some garlic butter on the outer side of both the bread slices to get a crisp browning a an aromatic garlic flavour.
6. Since I didn't have a grill, I roasted the sandwich on a tawa itself by applying garlic butter on both sides and flipping till each side became crispy brown.
7. Cut the sandwich into 2 halves diagonally and serve hot with tomato ketchup.