Lauki ka Cheela
This recipe is yet another simple and easy recipe to enjoy a healthy vegetable, which is often avoided for being too bland and boring to eat. These delicious and crispy Indian crepes are a great dish for breakfast or evening snacks.
1. Peel the lauki and grate it in a large bowl.
2. Add the besan, salt, pepper and the chopped green chillis and dhaniya. Mix well.
3. Slowly add water as required to make the batter smooth, thick batter of a dropping consistency.
4. Heat a non-stick tawa and grease it with a little oil. Keep medium flame.
5. Drop 1 tablespoon full batter on the tawa and spread it into a thin crepe. Note that due to lauki being added, this cheela will be slightly thicker than the regular besan ka cheela.
6. Cover it with a lid for a minute so that it gets properly cooked on the inside.
7. Remove the lid. Put some oil on the cheela on the top.
8. Flip the chela and roast from the other side. Cook till the cheela becomes crispy brown on both the sides.
9. Remove from flame and serve hot with green chutney and tomato ketchup.