Eggless Plum Muffins
This recipe started out as an experiment since I set out to finish a basket full of plums sitting in my refrigaerator for the past 2-3 days. My husband was really skeptical about using plums in muffins since it is a little non-conventional. However, I chose to go ahead and it was my husband who ended up liking them the most and has become a huge fan of plum muffins. The sourness of the chopped plum pieces really enhances the taste of the muffins while giving them a colourful look as well.
1. Peel and core 3 plums and puree them in a blender with ¼ cup sugar (to counter the sourness of plums). Add more sugar as per taste if the plums are sour.
2. Chop the remaining plums into cubes of 0.5-1 cm edge. Do not peel the plums before chopping.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 °F. Prepare a muffin pan or a brownie tray and apply cooking spray or use butter paper or grease with oil. I used a muffin pan.
4. Mix the flours, baking soda, and salt (if using oil and not butter) and chopped apples.
5. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, oil/butter, and yogurt until sugar is dissolved.
6. Pour the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture and beat until combined. Do not over mix.
7. Stir in half the chopped plum pieces.
8. Divide the batter into the muffin pan. Add the chopped plums on the top of muffins/cake.
9. Put the muffin pan in the oven. Remove the muffin pan in about 20 min. If using a loaf pan, remove in 30 min. But do the check if it is completely cooked by inserting a tester/ tooth pick before taking it out of the oven.