Eggless Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Muffins
I stumbled upon this recipe of the muffins on the internet and has been a family favourite since. I have baked these muffins multiple times now and the results are consistent everytime. I have even experimented with it to use fruits other than apples and the muffins turn out to be equally good. The muffins consist of almost 50% whole wheat and are therefore healthier as well.
- Peel the apples and dice 1.5 apples into ½ cm cubes and set the remaining half apple aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F or 190 °C. Prepare a muffin pan with liners in them or grease the sides of the muffin pan with oil.
- Whisk sugar, oil and yogurt in a bowl until dissolved.
- Mix the flours, baking soda, cinnamon powder, half the raisins, and salt and chopped apples and add to the bowl with the yogurt oil mixture.
- Grate the half apple that we had set aside earlier into the mixture.
- Mix well until combined. Do not overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan. top the muffins with the remaining raisins.
- Remove the muffin pan in about 20 min. Do check by inserting a toothpick through a muffin before removing from the oven. If it comes out clean, we are good, else let them bake for another 3-4 minutes.
- You can also make a cake using the recipe by using a loaf pan or a cake pan instead of the muffin pan. If baking a cake, let it bake for 30 mins and check if it is thoroughly cooked before removing from the oven.