Easy Cheesy Veggie Overload Pizza
Well, we genrally prefer homemade pizza to the pizzas available in the restaurants since you can load them will all the toppings you want and have to eat lesser bread that way. However, its prep can be quite tedious and time consuming since you have to prepare the pizza sauce, chop and decorate the toppings and then grate the cheese. One day my husband came with this quick method of prepping the pizza within 15-20 mins without much hassle and with ingredients that are generally available at home. He's a foodie and yes, loves to pitch in in the kitchen too. The pizza turned out awesome with the silky cheese melted in the middle of the topppings. So,Here goes the recipe.
- Pizza Base - 2 (9
- Cabbage - 1 cup shredded
- Tomatoes - 1/2 cup chopped
- Onions - 1/2 cup chopped
- Capsicum ( Shimla Mirch / Green Bell Peppers ) - 1/2 cup chopped
- Babycorn - 4 stems (preferable boiled)
- Tomato Ketchup - 1/2 - 1 cup as per preference
- Processed Cheese - 6 slices
- Salt - As per taste
- Black Pepper Powder ( Kaali Mirch ) - 1/2 tsp or more as per taste
- Oregano / Italian Seasoning - 1/2 tsp or more as per taste
- Olive Oil - 3-4 tsp (optional)
The ingredient quantities are for making 2 pizzas. Below recipe is for 1 pizza so adjust the quantities accordingly.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place the pizza base on a baking tray and spread the ketchup on pizza base.
2. Place 1 cheese slice on top of the ketchup in the centre of the base. Now cut another cheese slice and adjust on the remaining portion of the base in such a way that the entire pizza base is covered with cheese.
3. Spread the shredded cabbage on top of the cheese slices so as to cover the entire base.
4. Sprinkle a little amount of salt and pepper.
5. Place another cheese slice on top of the cabbage layer in the middle.
6. Mix together the chopped onion, tomato and capsicum pieces. Spread them on so as to cover the entire base.
7. Slit the babycorns into 4 pieces lengthwise. Decorate them in a radial position on the pizza.
8. Drizzle 1-2 tsp olive oil on the pizza. This is optional but adding it gives a really wonderful flavour to the pizza.
9. Sprinkle the salt and black pepper powder. You can also sprinkle some oregano if you like.
10. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes till the toppings get cooked and the pizza base turns crispy underneath.
11. Remove from the oven and divide into 4 quarters. Sprinkle oregano and chili flakes on top. Serve hot.