- Semolina ( Rawa / Sooji ) - 1 cup
- Oil / Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Rai ( Sarson / Mustard Seeds ) - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 4-5
- Green Chillis - 1 (or more as preferred)
- Onions - 1 big (fine chopped)
- Tomatoes - 1 big (chopped)
- Corn Kernels - 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Salt - To taste
- Lemon Juice - 1-2 tsp as per taste
- Water - 3 cups
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil/ghee in a pan and roast the sooji for 5 mins till it turns aromatic and golden in colour. Set aside.
2. Heat the remaining oil/ghee in a kadhai and crackle the mustard seeds in it. Add the curry leaves and chopped green chillis. Let them fry for a minute.
3. Add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
4. Now, add the boiled corn kernels ans saute till the onions start turning golden brown.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and saute for another 4-5 minutes. Now add the water and salt and let it come to a boil.
6. Now gradually add the sooji, stirring constantly. Cook for 3-4 more minutes till the sooji absorbs all the water.