Cheesy Pizza Uttapam
As I decided to experiment in the kitchen once again after a quite a few weeks, I tried to jazz up the regular uttapam with nice and cheesy pizza twist. It turned out to be even better than I had imagined and my husband absolutely loved it! This dish is must try and a healthy snack option for kids with whom it is bound to be a huge hit among kids.
- Heat a tawa, put a teaspoon of oil and wipe with a muslin cloth. Spread a ladle of batter thickly.
- Sprinkle the corn on top. Then sprinkle the fine chopped tomatoes and onions evenly on the uttapam.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 1-2 minutes on medium flame. Drizzle some oil all around.
- Once the uttapam is cooked halway, flip the uttapam upside down and press with the spatula. Drizzle some oil around.
- Again cover with a lid and cook for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
- Flip again.The vegetables will be roasted by now. Spread tomato ketchup or pizza sauce on the uttapam.
- Cover the uttapam with grated mozzarella cheese generously. Sprinkle oregano on to and cover with the lid. Let it cook for another 2 minutes on low flame. This will give sufficient time for the cheese to melt and the uttapam to get a crispy crust.
- Remove from flame, cut into slices and serve hot.
- You can use any pizza toppins and not just corn depending on their availability and your preference.