Baby Potato Stir Fry
This is an extremely simple recipe of cooking baby potatoes in aromatic spices that is a nice change from the regular potato dishes and looks gorgeous with the cute little potatoes.
- Wash the baby potatoes thoroughly, pat dry slightly and keep aside. No need to peel the potatoes. You can cut the slightly bigger potatoes (if any) into two.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the fine chopped ginger and garlic and fry for a minute.
- Slit the green chilli lengthwise and add to the oil. Fry for half a minute.
- Add the jeera seeds and wait for it to crackle.
- Add the baby potatoes and mix well.
- Now add the salt, coriander powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 20 minutes stirring occasionally in between to prevent them frm sticking to the bottom and getting burnt.
- Check that the potatoes are cooked and if not, cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the garam masala powder and mix well.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with chapatis or parathas or pooris.