Aloo Matar Nutrela
- Nutrela ( Soya Nuggets ) - 1/2 cup (or more as per your preference) - I prefer mini chunks
- Potatoes - 2 medium (diced)
- Peas - 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes - 2 big
- Green Chillis - 1
- Ginger - 2 tsp (chopped)
- Cumin Seeds ( Jeera ) - 1 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Red Chilli Powder ( Lal Mirch ) - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder ( Haldi ) - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander ( Dhaniya ) Powder - 1 tsp
- Amchoor ( Dry Mango Powder ) - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Oil / Ghee - 2 tsp
- Water - 2 cups (or more as required)
1. In a medium pan boil 2 cups of water with 1/2 tsp of salt. When the water begins, add the soya mini chunks and half cover the pan. Cook for 3-4 mins till the soya chunks double in size.
2. Remove from flame and strain all the water from the pan.
3. In a blender, puree the tomatoes along with the green chilli and ginger
3. Put oil in a pressure cooker and when the oil gets hot, add the cumin seeds to splutter them.
4. Add the purred tomato mixture and fry till it starts leaving sides. Add all the red chilli powder, turmeric and coriander powder.
6. Fry for another minute and add the boiled soya nuggets, diced potatoes and fry for another min.
7. Add 1 cup of water and close the lid of pressure cooker. After 4 whistle, turn off the gas and wait for 10 mins for the pressure to release.
8. Open the lid, add the amchoor powder and boil for 2-3 mins.
10. Take off the flame and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle garam masala for garnishing and serve hot with rice or rotis/parathas.
1. I prefer to reuse the water strained after boiling the soya nuggets for adding to the curry while cooking in the pressure cooker.
2. Do not add the amchoor powder initially since it interferes with the cooking process and increases the cooking time.